The Mount Airy Museum of Regional History is home to nearly over 35,000 square feet for permanent exhibit space spread over 4 floors. There is truly something for everyone located within these walls. Permanent exhibits cover nearly every topic imaginable. During your visit you can:
- See what life was like for Native Americans and early settler to “the hollows”
- Experience an authentic turn-of-the-century country store
- Learn the history behind the largest open face granite quarry in the world
- Listen to the Old Time music that it unique to this region
- Meet many our “hometown heroes” including Donna Fargo, Tommy Jarrell, Andy Griffith and Chang and Eng Bunker (the original Siamese twins).